Over the last several years, Oceanside has quickly gained a reputation as being one of the leading foodie destinations in San Diego County. Local chefs are making headlines by pushing the limits, creating new and unique menu items and experimenting with classics to bring exquisite and mouth-watering flavors to every plate. Local residents are loving this boom in hand-crafted cuisine and are in fact regular customers at all of the establishments contributing to the authentic, relaxed, and welcoming atmosphere that is felt as soon as you walk in the door.
Locally coined “flip-flop fine dining,” Oceanside prides itself on providing a high-quality dining experience in a casual atmosphere. Oceanside’s burgeoning dining scene is all about fresh, locally sourced ingredients, independent style and a collaborative community spirit.
Breakfast Staff Picks:
- Buccaneer Cafe (American/Counter Service)
- Beach Break Cafe (American)
- Swamis Cafe (American)
- Petite Madeline Bakery & Bistro (French)
- Bunker House (American)
Lunch Staff Picks:
- Hello Betty (Seafood)
- Mr Bibi (Korean)
- Oceanside Broiler (Seafood)
- Local Tap House aka LTH (American)
- The Green House (Plant Based/Vegan)
Dinner Staff Picks:
- The Flying Pig (Southern/Gastropub)
- Rosewood Kitchen (Spanish-French-Italian)
- Carte Blanche (French-Mexican)
- 333 Pacific (Steakhouse/Seafood/Cocktails)
- Rockin’ Baja Lobster (Seafood)
- Wrench & Rodent Seabasstropub (Sushi)
- Blade 1936 (Italian)
- Dija Mara (Southeast Asian)
- The Plot (Plant Based)
Love lattes, cold brews or tantalizing teas? You’ll find your perfect pick-me-up at one of the many unique cafes around town.
Coffee Shop Staff Picks:
Click here to learn more about the coffee scene in Oceanside.
San Diego County is home to a number of widely known, well-respected and award-winning craft breweries. Lucky for us, the craft beer craze has cruised up the coast and taken root in Oceanside! Located along the western edge of San Diego’s “Hops Highway,” Oceanside is a craft beer powerhouse with unique breweries to try and more on the horizon. Taprooms are also a big part of the local brew scene, featuring rotating regional beers and hosting tap take over events inviting customers to experience the unique flavors from regional brewers.This brew-tastic beer scene is being spearheaded by local entrepreneurs looking to create fun, one-of-a-kind experiences where everyone wants to hang out. All connoisseurs of craft are invited to explore our incredible beer scene.
Brewery Staff Picks:
Click here to learn more about breweries in Oceanside.
Drinks Staff Picks:
- Frankies (Cocktail Lounge)
- The Rooftop Bar (Ocean View Rooftop Bar)
- The Jazzy Wishbone (Jazz Bar)
- Coomber Wines (Wine)
- Millers Table (Wine)
Treats Staff Picks:
- Parlor Doughnuts (Layered Doughnuts)
- Bliss Tea & Treats (Tea Room & Pastries)
- Nana’s & Pop Pops Sweet Shop (Ice Cream & Candy)